11 Nov What is MMUP/UPDA certification and How to Apply for UPDA Exam?
Also known as the Ministry of Municipality and Urban Planning, UPDA stands for Urban Planning and Development Authority, which falls under the MMUP. The MMUP conducts the UPDA exam for all those working under a valid visa with an engineering bachelor’s degree. The exam is held by the Qatar government and successful candidates are awarded the MMUP/UPDA certification.
The UPDA exam is one of the most popular engineers exam in Qatar. With the UPDA certification, engineers can avail better job opportunities, good remuneration, job security and increased career growth. Here, we have listed the basic requirements and steps to apply for the exam. Before you start to apply for the exam, ensure that you meet the following criteria:
- Candidates should be a Qatari citizen or possess a valid residence permit of the country.
- Must hold a bachelor’s degree in engineering or a similar degree from a recognised university or institute.
- Must be in full civil capacity.
- Must have a clean track record with no legal convictions
- Pass the technical tests in the field of specialisation by the rules and conditions set by the Committee.
Next, we look into the steps of applying for the exam:
Create a Hukoomi Account with Qatar ID, mobile number and other details.
University and Certificates:
The required documents are listed below:
- Valid Qatar ID
- Degree Certificate (Attested from Home Country and Qatar)
- Overall Mark sheet/Each Semester attested Mark sheets (if you don’t have Consolidated Mark sheet)
- PCC (Police Clearance Certificate)
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Passport Size Photo
- Copy of Passport
- Work experience certificate (optional)
- Training course certificate (optional)
All documents and certificates must be attested by appropriate authorities in the Home Country and by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs. You must procure a bona fide certificate from your university/college for the attestation of your certificates by the MOFA.
PCC (Police Clearance Certificate):
You must get a police clearance certificate (PCC) from either your home country or from Qatar.
Uploading Required Documents:
Log in to baladiya.gov.qa with your Hukoomi Account ID and password to start registration. Fill in the required information at every step and upload the documents in the format specified. After the final confirmation, keep a printout with the registration number for the exam.
After receiving a message, you have to visit the Baladiya office along with all original documents.
Finally, you must appear for the exam at the Baladiya office. Once you pass the exam, you have to wait for just a few minutes to issue the UPDA ID card for QR 300.
Applying for the UPDA exam follows a straightforward procedure. As the MMUP/UPDA certification is quite sought after in the engineering sphere, the application process is built for a hassle-free experience. Usher in new advantages to your career by getting accredited through the UPDA exam. We hope this blog is helpful and wish you all the best for the exam.